|This is where Request and Wiki Questions can go.|
- http://testwiki.wiki/wiki/Test_Wiki:Copyrights/id MacFan4000 (talk) 00:08, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
Not done AlvaroMolina for sysadmin
I'd like to formally nominate the user AlvaroMolina for the post of sysadmin. He has shown the community that he is very active and knowledgeable about wiki usage (see his miraheze profile @ https://meta.miraheze.org/wiki/User:AlvaroMolina for details). He will also enforce the mutual confirmation clause by being a voice on decisions (1 sysadmin does something and the other 3 can review/vote on it). I believe he will be a valuable asset to both the site and team and hereby nominate him for the post.
Please indicate your acceptance of this nomination below:
- Redirect Template:Ping Hi, I think him work good in steward, if you know sysadmin is different with a community social group, however sysadmin work in code and mediawiki system administration (such as git). :)Mbrt (talk) 16:07, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- At the moment I think I feel comfortable being steward, I might be able to help as sysadmin at some point since I have some experience in managing a server with MediaWiki using FTP and installing extensions both by this method and in console. Regards. —Alvaro Molina (✉ - ✔) 19:44, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
Not done User:Me for Steward
Not done Bingobro; Steward and Checkuser
- Weak Oppose I like if you get one year here and actively. Mbrt (talk) 02:20, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
- Netural I think we have enough stewards for right now, maybe if the site becomes more active. MacFan4000 (talk) 14:54, 26 September 2017 (UTC)
- Redirect Template:PingWell could I get Check user since no one is voting I think you are the only one active to do such things.Bingobro (Chat) 12:08, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- CheckUser is only given to Stewards/Sysadmins. We have currently got four stewards (including me). MacFan4000 (talk) 13:30, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
New feature request -Page forms
Hello User:MacFan4000 I would like to request a extension https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms for testing purpose. Thanks in advance Anoop/ಅನೂಪ್ ✉. © 06:10, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- Per miraheze reasoning for disabling it, it seems to not work right now. MacFan4000 (talk) 20:02, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
Why this strange condition while asking for permissions
Its a good idea to have admin rigghts easily for testing purposes. I found last part of second condition bit strange while asking for permissions it says "I agree that I am entirely responsible for all actions done under this account,
including actions performed under this account by someone other than myself. Why does some one should take responsibility for action not performed by himself ?
- because every person who does vandalism can say that they didn't do it and escape from their blocks.Since nobody would have access to your account unless you disclose your account details or use public connections and forget to logging out, which is also your fault. Anoop/ಅನೂಪ್ ✉. © 21:46, 14 October 2017 (UTC)
- I suppse this is just private/personal -non wmf- a test wiki . You can heve filters that will apply to users with admin rights too. Any content beyond tests can be removed deleted periodically. Why one needs to punish the user. and If any unlawful thing at all happens there are enough legal protection for website owner. If any case oes at all before any court then It is for investigation agencies and courts to determine whether a specific person was in his control of the device or no. It would be against natural justice if some ones device realy gets stolen and a mis did happens. At times a theft can really happen under durace at such times such condition informs the user that you ought to be looser even if you did not make a real mistake. I do suggest site owners to revisit their contention and take advice from a lawyer and put in reasonable conditions.
- I wanted to divert some users to use this site , but under the given conditions it is difficult to advice any one to use the site.
- @ Mahitgar I would like to say as it your choice to maintain account, this wiki does not entitle for any legal procedures nor accommodates(ex:theft) those you explained aboveso its choice of Stewards/Staff/System Admin/Owner of this wiki to set rules against spam/vandalism/disrupting other users. This Wiki alongside any MediaWiki sites uses similar Rules and Regulations & Further if you wish to disable your membership please create Phabricator task regarding closure of account, We are sorry to see you go. Anoop/ಅನೂಪ್ ✉. © 11:06, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- @ Mahitgar I would like to say as it your choice to maintain account,
I am proposing a flood flag like on meta wikipedia. This right should only have the bot right to stop actions from flooding Special:RecentChanges. A short description is here https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meta:Flood_flag . This is based off the principle of least priveledge and differentiates between real bots and quick flooding bot flags easily. --Joepayne (talk) 13:51, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- Well, least privilege doesn't really apply, since the only right that bots have that admins don't (besides bot) is nominornewtalk. I don't know if it's really needed, unless we really want to seriously separate legitimate bots from users performing flood actions. -- Void Whispers 00:26, 18 October 2017 (UTC)