Hello friends. This is my talk page.
Test done[edit source]
Non-test blocks[edit source]
While I can appreciate your good-faith wanting to help Stewards here in regards to user conduct, and Seiyena does need guidance, the prior practice of blocking indefinitely and repeatedly blocking the sockpuppets was not working, and the user is making progress, demonstrating good-faith, and incremental capacity to learn. In addition, as it was quite clear at Test Wiki:Request for permissions, Seiyena was being managed by Stewards, and I would've supported you revoking their bureaucrat bit, the blocks were steps too far. Likewise, if you'd offered to assist Arcversin with setting up an abuse filter I was about to ask him to set up here, that would also have been fine. As such, though I normally prefer to warn first before temporarily revoking rights, in this case, I felt a slightly firmer hand was needed here, and have revoked your
bureaucrat and sysop bits for two (2) weeks from today, after which any
bureaucrat may re-add it.
Thank you again for your other constructive contributions here. :)
- Dear friend @Dmehus:
- Okay, I got it. I will try not to apply sanctions against other users anymore. I blocked this user for numerous violations. He was warned more than once. It seemed to me that in the case of unconstructive behavior of a user, a warning should be issued (issued by other users), and then sanctions should be applied if the user does not understand what they want to convey to him. This decision was made based on experience in Wikimedia projects. — Regards, Kazrok4545 Talk 03:46, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- Kazrok4545, As a counter-balance to the above, I do, and have, endorsed your revocation of the user's alternate account having bureaucrat permissions. In my view, as a best practice, I do think that no user's alternate account should have any permission above that of sysop and would strongly encourage any other bureaucrats that have provided their alternate accounts with such permissions to surrender those bits accordingly. What do you think? Dmehus (talk) 03:20, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- Dmehus, I agree with the statement above. Indeed, that additional accounts should not have flags above admin. Sorry for the translation.— Regards, Kazrok4545 Talk 03:53, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- In my view, while I didn't like the block being indefinite, I didn't see too much wrong with the removal of my user rights and wouldn't have objected to a temporary block. (I think being blocked for a bit was good for me as it made me stop the "disruptive rampage" I was on.) Thank you for doing your best to handle the situation, Kazrok4545, and I will never do such a thing again. Sei (My changes here | Drop me a line) 04:14, 12 April 2022 (UTC)
- 100% yeah. Dmehus (talk) 04:19, 12 April 2022 (UTC)