I propose the creation of a senior-bureaucrat group, called Placeholder. This group would have access to interface administrator and suppressor tools, and be able to grant interface administrator and suppressor to other users. I also propose removing the ability of bureaucrats to remove bureaucrat & and grant/revoke bot rights from others and grant it to this senior bureaucrat group.
This group can be granted in multiple ways:
- A steward can grant it at their discretion without community discussion;
- A community discussion will occur, and a steward will action the result.
This group is grantable and removable by stewards. The rights can be removed in one of the following ways:
- A steward can remove at their discretion or in emergencies of abuse;
- The community can discuss and revoke if a majority of users feel the right is not needed or has been abused.
- Grant/remove all rights except for steward and checkuser (bureaucrats are no longer allowed to remove bureaucrat rights);
- Rename users
- Suppress revisions and view suppression logs
- All the rights included in interface administrator
- Ability to perform steward actions, such as placing serious indefinite blocks.