This is MacFan4000's talk page, where you can leave messages and comments for MacFan4000.
|Archive: Archive 01|
- 1 CheckUser log
- 2 A humble request to add more user groups with slightly stricter requirements.
- 3 Abuse filters
- 4 Oversight request
- 5 Please Respond to Community Portal
- 6 Hi, I'm sorry...
- 7 Community portal uneditable
- 8 Avoid excessive use of hideuser
- 9 Hi! Macfan
- 10 Thanks
- 11 A barnstar for you!
- 12 Staff Email
- 13 OpenProxy
- 14 Miraheze
Hello, I recently Used CheckUser on myself, just wanted to see how the log will show, can you attach screenshot of log /if it doesnt appear on log use Checkuser on my account and attach screenshot of log. Anoop/ಅನೂಪ್ (Talk)(Edits) 07:20, 7 September 2017 (UTC)
- MacFan4000 (talk) 19:30, 7 September 2017 (UTC)
A humble request to add more user groups with slightly stricter requirements.
A few examples would be manually confirmed before administrator. Extended confirmed (after certain no. of edits and days registered), new page patroler, researcher etc. Thanks and if you may add any user group I'm ready to help. Bingobro (Chat) 11:26, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
I'm just letting you know that I've created two anti-vandalism abuse filters to prevent nonsense such as this. Feel free to tweak them if need be. Most of the code is from the English Wikipedia. Pillowfluffyhead (talk) 14:32, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
Please Respond to Community Portal
Hello Would you please respond to Test_Wiki:Community_portal#Why_this_strange_condition_while_asking_for_permissions and correct my response if i am wrong. Anoop/ಅನೂಪ್ ✉. © 11:15, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I'm sorry...
I busy in realife so I can't much to monitoring this wiki, I also fun with this community so I can come back again with the task or stuff. I'm sorry Macfan... I can come back again in january maybe. Thanks :-( Mbrt (talk) 14:20, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
Community portal uneditable
- Why is the Community portal protect? It is supposed to be for all the community not user only. It says on Server that there is only one server, but on portal you say "backend", do you mean there is frotend also? --22.214.171.124 09:09, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
- The backend is the code behind the site, the frontend is what the normal user woul see when visiting the site. MacFan4000 (talk) 12:34, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Avoid excessive use of hideuser
I have been on this wiki for a while and have seen hideuser used a lot on blocks. Unless there is a need, could you please unhide the blocks that were hideusered and make a policy which says hideuser is not to be used excessively. This is in the interests of maximum community transparency/accountability. Thank you for your cooperation
- I used hideuser for abusive usernames that the public does not need to see. I try not to use it if I don't need to. MacFan4000 (talk) 14:32, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for hosting this wiki so we can test tools. Also thanks for your err moderation work on here and your work on live mediawiki.
A barnstar for you!
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|For all your hard work on hosting this wiki --JJBullet ❪✉❫ 10:00, 18 July 2019 (UTC)|
- There is nothing that really prevents their use, but any proxy used to disrupt the wiki may be blocked immediately without warning. But then again, that can go with most other sources of disruption. -- Void Whispers 14:56, 13 August 2019 (UTC)